Thursday, October 8

The Titans are Punishing Me

Yes - the ancient Greek and/or Roman titans have banded together to sentence me to router hell. My trusty HP laptop, heavy with overloaded software, took one update too many and disgorged my ability to connect to my wireless router. That leaves me in Hades - tethered to an umbilical Internet connection, unable to type away carelessly from my sofa perch.

Drivers forsake me. Microsoft jests at my misfortune. HP taunts me with pop-ups (thanks for telling me five times in 3 minutes that you're saving my battery life when I'm plugged in to an outlet.) After hours of surfing for answers, it's proven to be more fruitless than Atlas rolling back and forth.

The Titans may have sent me 12 computer labors, but I shall subvert the power of Hercules to act concerned and make others handle this for me. Beware in-laws and quasi-close friends who work in IT! I shall descend upon you with inane questions and then distrust your diagnosis. From this moment on, I shall work no more with tethers!

No comments:

Post a Comment